Friday, March 11, 2011

Girls' Night Out = Awkwardness

In an effort to avoid a bloggable date, Robin and I went out on a date. Together.

So, we went to go see a play on campus. The theater this play was in was small. The kind where chairs are set up in a U-shape around the center floor. This floor space is where the actors perform. Robin and I were seated in the corner, comfortably placed.

Next to us was a couple who were clearly on a first date. Poor saps. However, this entry is not about them and the visible awkwardness.

It was a few minutes after intermission, and I was innocently scanning the audience across from us. There was a girl, seated next to a boy. She seemed to be fishing around in her mouth with her hand. Then I realized, her hand was twisted in what must have been the most uncomfortable fashion. Actually... no. Impossible. Also, the size was far too large. Wait... no. It couldn't be.

I nudged Robin, nodding towards the couple. She looked at them in confusion. Then realization dawned.
Rachel's Tip for Dating:
Some PDA is not even remotely okay. Like biting/sucking on the hand of your significant other.

How is is that she and I can't even go on a date with each other without getting creeped out?

I'm going to go gnaw on the hand of a boy. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment