Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Strawberry Fields Forever

So, this story has nothing to do with the Beatles, but as I sit here eating some strawberries I am reminded of an awkward guy story from my past -- And you'll see the connection in a minute. 


February 14, 2010 -- That morning I drove up to spend the morning with my family, and get to see my new baby cousin. That afternoon I got back to my apartment, and closed the door behind me. I walked into the kitchen to put a few things away, and saw a figure walk by the window, but I didn't pay much attention because there were usually people walking by during that time of the day.


Then there was a quick knock at the front door and I saw a figure RUN past the window. I walked over to the front door and found a huge plate of chocolate covered strawberries on the doorstep. There was a card on top, addressed to me. I looked down the hallway, but couldn't see anyone there, so I quickly moved the plate of goodies inside.


I called my roommates into the kitchen to see what I had just gotten. I opened the card and began reading the poem inside --- not just a printed poem, but a personal note from a guy that lived down the street [So much for ding-dong ditching if the card has a name anyway... ??]. The card was so sweet, and definitely made my Valentine's Day... but I maybe had said 10 words to this guy the whole time I've known him. 


When I saw him later that night, I really didn't know how to react or how to say thank you. As much as I felt awkward for being given chocolate covered strawberries, from a guy I barely knew, my roommates and friends sure appreciated the sugary goodness they provided. And thinking back on it now --- maybe I'm the awkward one.


Until next time, Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment